When one thing leads to another

For the last few days, the wife and I were busy working on our latest (only) home project since we got married. It all started when I decided to make an impulsive purchase on kickstarter

I mean as a social studies teacher how can I resist!

And a few months later, reality sets in! The package arrived from Ukraine and we realized that we actually have to put it on if not hundreds of dollars is just going to sit there in the package forever! 

It sat for almost a week as we contemplate on which wall to put it on. We decided to put in on an ugly wall in our living room which has been destroyed by couch marks, kids creativity and other typical ugly/dirty wall stuff that comes with having young kids. In order to have a wall fit for our expensive map, we embarked on an adventure to repaint the wall. Off to B&Q, bought some paint (she picked the color, she insisted that I put this down, but I think everyone who knows us would assumed that anyways) and painting supplies, watched some youtube videos, and we are ready to go!


Good thing I've enlisted the wife and pull her out of her midnight sweatshop to help me do all the hard work while I do what I do best which is to use my mouth to direct and make useless suggestions. After the first coat of paint, we realized that we didn't get enough paint to put on a 2nd coat so the project was postponed to day 2. Bought the paint on day 2, but I knocked out for the night, so postpone to day 3. 

Finally on Friday, we got our acts together and finished the 2nd coat. And I pushed ahead and put the map on as well. 
Voila! 

I think it is a win! If anything, it satisfied my TCK itch to move furniture around every now and then. The scary part though... the wife now wants to paint even more walls 👀👀Hopefully she will stick to her new baking hobby for a while longer and allow me time to hide/throwaway the painting supplies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Asher went "viral"...

Living as an exile

Yet another anti-climatic ending to the school year